In the photo on the top we can see how the train station (Vic) was in 1446: the train station was surrounded by houses and in front there was a square.
In the photo the other photography we can see the present, it is in February 2019: the station is in operation but over the years it has grown considerably since today a lot of people use the train. Trade has also grown around them and the square has become a road with a roundabout. They have even built the university very close.
In the first photo it shows the Vic’s promenade in the actuality, 2019. Most of the shops are franchises, the buildings are bigger and more completed.
In the second photo shows us how the Vic’s promenade was at 1882 one day of market: there were some buildings, most of them houses. There were only little familiar shops because the big boutiques hadn’t exist by then.
The first photo was taken in 1926 and we can see “el pont the Queralt”, which is a roman bridge. It cross the Meder river. Next to the rock bridge there was a tannery.
Nowadays there are no differences: the buildings around the bridge hasn’t changed and the tannery is still there but in ruins.
La Farinera is one of the landscape that mostly has changed in the time. In the first photo we can see that there’s a big garden in the surrounding and some buildings too.
In the second image we can see how the time has passed. The gardens have disappeared and there’s a lot of buildings around now.
In the old photo made in the 20s you can see a part of Vic full of fields. We can observe a bullring that is the current bus station. You can also see a soccer field that is now the current Millenarian square.
On the first photo, token in 2003, we can see the old schools from Gurb, it was active for many years as a school of all ages up to 16 years. The road we can see is the Sant Bartomeu road.
Nowadays the landscape has not changed: the building aesthetically has only changed the color. Now it has the function of a cultural center where you can do all kinds of events and activities.
In the first image, we can see Les Escoles Noves de Gurb from the top. Since the first day, that building was a primary and kindergarten. Now, it have a big structure and the same function.
In the first photo, we can see Gurb Town Hall. From the beginning it has had the same function. We can see fields and roads around the Town Hall.
Nowadays there is an elderly residence and the doctor. There are also the same fields and roads.
On the first photo we can see the first factory built in Gurb polygon. It was called José Cots e Hijos. Nowadays the polygon is full of different types of companies and factories.
It is built on a peninsula of the Ter River, between this and Gurri. Formerly it was a flour mill and it was not until 1827 that it became one of the first factories in the region.
The Malars colony had 25 homes. It also had a church, an economy, an inn and a school. Nowadays there are only a few houses, the one of the director, the turbine and the church. The buildings were joined longitudinally.
In the images on the left we can see the construction of the “eix” bridge. It began to built in 1985 and it was inaugurated in 1997. In the image we can observe the surroundings, full of vegetation, and the first parts of the bridge, that makes a visual impact on the greens and browns of nature.